Monday, January 31, 2005

1/31/05

Back! 10 days away and only 40 minutes of television. A good cleansing. Sadly, the 40 minutes were two 20-minute blocks of CNN Headline News. I'm not sure what Headline News is supposed to do, but I felt like I knew less after watching the segments than I did before. There were certainly things mentioned that informed me of something I didn't know, but they seemed devoid of context. For example, I heard there was a subway fire in New York City. The details weren't given, nor was any information about how it affected New Yorkers or the subway system. CNN also ran a feature on pregnancy and depression. This, too, contained some information. Women can get severely depressed during pregnancy. And there was a woman who experienced this herself. But I didn't feel they gave me info that made this information particularly relevant.

Of course, the banter between the newsreaders was chummy and they were decent looking in a non-threatening way. I did believe that the music themes introducing and ending segments were that belonging to a news broadcast. The super-imposed images put in the corner to help us undersand what the reader was talking about did seem to convince me they were talking about something. And the news-ticker at the bottom, well, I love it, though I don't remember anything that scrolled across the screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home